Check out these really dumb and inappropriate things people say to brides. If you know what’s good for you, you won’t say any of them!
- “I can’t believe you got him to settle down.”
- “What time does the ceremony start?” (If you were invited, you already know; if you weren’t, you’re just embarrassing youself by trying to elbow your way in.)
- “You want me to wear THIS?”
- “Hi, this is my friend ***” (…an uninvited guest; did YOU bring a meal for that guest?)
- “How much did you pay for all this?” (None of your d— business.)
- “Can I change tables?” (The newlyweds spent a lot of time and thought in putting together their seating chart; and now you want to blow it all up for YOUR convenience?)
- “Who requested this awful song?” (Won’t you feel like an idiot when the bride says, “My husband and I did”?)
- “When are you planning to have kids?” (Like the bride hasn’t already been bugged enough by her mom.)
- “Are you okay? You look tired.” (That’s especially stupid when the bride thinks she looks like a million bucks.)
- “I can’t find the open bar.” (Maybe that’s because the couple didn’t have the budget for it; do you really want to rub that in their faces?)
- “Your gown looks great on you, even if it’s not MY cup of tea.” (Who cares about your tastes in fashion? You’re not the one getting married.)
- “This trip cost me a fortune.” (Translation: “I’m doing you a big favor by coming to the wedding that you just spent $30,000 to $40,000 on; you owe me something.” That’ll make you REALLY popular.)
For God’s sake, THINK before you say something stupid, if you hope to ever speak to the bride again.
© Fourth Estate Audio, 2016 – Jay Congdon is president of Fourth Estate Audio, a professional Chicago DJ and Chicago Wedding DJ company.comments powered by Disqus