Stay on Time for Peace of Mind
Here are some good guidelines for planning your wedding. Obviously, there may be circumstances that will require you to operate on a shorter timeline. We offer this list as an ideal plan to ensure a trouble-free wedding and reception. Simply check off each item as you complete it.
Important! As you can see, there is a lot of work that goes into planning a successful wedding. If anyone offers their help, accept it. And be sure to reward them with a nice gift on your wedding day. Good luck!
12-16 Months Before the Wedding
- Select your wedding date – Visit several prospective ceremony and reception venues. When you’ve found the ones you like, check their availability, and choose your wedding date accordingly.
- Create a wedding folder for your documents – You’ll find yourself frequently referring back to your contracts and worksheets; so it’s good to have them all in one central place.
- Create a wedding budget – Start with your venue rental costs, the cost of meals for your guests, your bridal gown, your flowers and decorations, and your entertainment. There will, of course, be other expenses. But these are the primary ones.
- Consider the type of wedding you’d like – Do you want it to be formal, semi-formal or casual? Choose a style that reflects your personalities. Be sure it fits the budget you’ve just created.
- Book your ceremony and reception venues – You’ll be asked to post a deposit for each. Read each venue’s contract, and get each venue’s cancellation policy in writing. If your reception venue is providing catering, ask to attend a tasting, to sample their food.
- Post your announcement in your local newspaper (optional).
- Hire a wedding consultant (optional).
- Buy your wedding gown – Be sure it’s the one you want, because you won’t get a refund. Allow plenty of time for completion, fitting and alterations. Don’t be surprised if the seller wants to keep the fitting as close to your wedding date as possible. That way, you won’t grow out of it if you gain a few pounds. Once your gown is selected, you may shop for a matching veil, and at your option, a tiara.
The rest of this planning timeline is available exclusively to clients of Fourth Estate Audio. To learn more about our incomparable service, ask me to call you. I’m here to help.